Our easy weeknight meals are made with minimal ingredients, require few steps, and cost under $10 per serving!
A twist on loaded baked potatoes, our vegan baked sweet potatoes with garlicky greens and crispy curry chickpeas hit all the notes. Served with a tangy coconut-lime crema and fresh herbs, these baked spuds are a meal in themselves but could also work as a satisfying side.
Prep time: 25 min.
Cook time: 1 h
- 4 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 2-3 small leeks
- 1 bunch Swiss chard (or 1 bag frozen chard)
- 2 15.5 oz cans chickpeas
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 tsp. curry powder
- High heat cooking oil
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: chopped fresh cilantro and/or parsley + lime wedges for garnish
For Coconut-Lime Crema:
- 4 oz. plain coconut yogurt (try Cocojune!)
- 2 tsp. tahini
- 1 lime
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork and place on baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour or until tender.
- Meanwhile, rinse, drain and dry chickpeas. Toss with 2 tbsp. oil, 1 tsp. salt, and 4 tsp. curry powder and spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Add to oven and bake until crispy (about 45 minutes).
- Prep vegetables. Trim leeks and slice lengthwise. De-stem chard leaves. Cut leeks and stems in ¼ in. slices. Cut chard greens into 1 in. ribbons. Mince garlic. Heat 2 tsp. oil in Dutch oven or saute pan with lid on low heat. Add leeks and saute for 5 minutes, before adding stems and garlic. Cook for 5 more minutes. Add chard, stir and cover. Cook for an additional 10 minutes. Turn off heat and leave covered.
- To make the coconut-lime crema, combine yogurt, tahini, the juice of 1 lime, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl.
- Assemble loaded sweet potatoes! Slice baked sweet potatoes lengthwise. Stuff with greens and crispy chickpeas. Served with a dollop of coconut-lime crema, fresh cilantro or parsley, and a wedge of lime.