Our easy weeknight meals are made with minimal ingredients, require few steps, and cost under $10 per serving!
Enjoy this warm and hearty dinner salad with a fresh baguette. This recipe is easy to tailor to what you have on-hand. Substitute beets, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, or turnips for the Vegetable Roasting Mix. It also works well with salmon or chicken! Want a vegetarian option? Swap steak for 15 oz. of chickpeas and double the amount of walnuts.
Prep time: 15 min.
Cook time: 1 hour 10 min.
- ½ lb. Pineland Farms Beef Stir Fry Strips
- 5 oz. package of spring mix
- 1 package Fresh Cut Organic Root Vegetable Roasting Mix (or your own mix of chopped root vegetables)
- 1 package Organic Poultry Mix Herbs (fresh rosemary, sage, thyme)
- 2 oz. Vermont Creamery goat cheese
- ¼ c walnuts
- ¼ c dried cranberries
- Salt + pepper
- 2 tbsp. high-heat cooking oil, divided
- 1 batch red wine thyme vinaigrette or your preferred dressing
For Red Wine Thyme Vinaigrette:
- ¼ c olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Red wine vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, finely chopped
Combine all ingredients in a small jar and shake well.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread Root Vegetable Roasting Mix on a parchment-lined baking sheet; drizzle with 1 tbsp. high-heat cooking oil. Toss with minced fresh thyme, rosemary, and sage. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender (about 1 hour).
2. Remove vegetables from oven and turn up to 400°F. Heat a skillet over medium-low heat for pan-frying steak.
3. Rub steak strips with 1 tbsp. oil and season with salt and pepper. Add to pan, searing for 2 min. on each side. Remove from skillet and place in oven-safe pan. Cook for 5-9 min. based on your preference. Let rest 5 min. before serving.
4. Meanwhile, assemble salad. Toss 3-5 oz. of spring mix with roasted roots, cranberries, and walnuts. Sprinkle with crumbles of goat cheese and arrange steak strips. Drizzle with dressing and serve.