Don’t spend an afternoon assembling a lasagna when you can pull off this slow cooker lasagna in no time! For this recipe, spray the slow cooker first; it prevents sticking and keeps the lasagna from burning at the edges. Also, you can substitute frozen squash (no need to defrost) for fresh to make it even easier!
- Oil for greasing
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt white or cannelleni beans(drained and rinsed)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (divided)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/2 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 5 whole-grain lasagna noodles (uncooked)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach (loosely packed, lightly chopped)
- 4 cups butternut squash (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 large yellow onion (diced)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon herbs de Provence
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 large cloves garlic (minced)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Lightly coat a 4-quart slow cooker’s ceramic crock insert with oil. Preheat crock in a 200 degree oven.
- In a food processor, purée beans. Stir in 1 tablespoon avocado oil, vegetable broth, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Break lasagna noodles into pieces and place into a bowl along with spinach.
- Slice butternut squash into 1/4-inch-thick half-moons. Add to bowl with noodles and spinach, then add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss lightly and set aside.
- Next, sauté onion and mushrooms in remaining 1 tablespoon avocado oil until translucent, about 5 minutes. Then add herbs de Provence, sage, and garlic, and cook for an additional minute. Remove from heat and toss with noodle, spinach and butternut squash mixture.
- Place 1/3 cup of white bean mixture onto bottom of slow cooker (but use a little more if it doesn’t cover). Pour in noodles and vegetables. Pour remaining bean mixture over top. Poke down any noodle pieces that are sticking up, so that they are covered by sauce. Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Cook for 2–3 hours on low until squash and noodles are tender. During the last 15 minutes of cooking, sprinkle with remaining cheese.
PER SERVING (2 CUPS): 389 cal, 12g fat (5g mono, 1g poly, 6g sat), 19mg chol, 524mg sodium, 50g carb (11g fiber, 4g sugars), 22g protein
Recipe and photo thanks to Delicious Living.