Swapping quinoa for rice ups the nutrient game for this one-bowl favorite. Make quinoa up to five days ahead and store in fridge. You can also make the entire dish ahead of time and simply warm it up for dinner.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups diced fresh snap peas
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sweet corn kernels
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or finely grated
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 cups cold cooked quinoa
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari or soy sauce
- Toppings: Hot sauce, lime wedges, chopped peanuts, bean sprouts, chopped green onions
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add snap peas and corn; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes, or until vegetables start to soften.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in garlic and ginger. Add cooked quinoa and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture and add eggs. Scramble, stirring eggs gradually into quinoa-veggie mixture. When eggs are cooked through, stir in tamari. Serve with optional toppings.
PER SERVING: 384 cal, 16g fat (9g mono, 5g poly, 2g sat), 93mg chol, 309mg sodium, 48g carb (7g fiber, 8g sugars), 14g protein
Recipe and photo thanks to Delicious Living.