Produce from local farms to your table!
Would you like to support local farmers? Do you want to experience a taste of their harvest? Then our Local FarmShare is for you!
What is it?
Each week, from June through October, we select a diverse array of organic vegetables harvested fresh from nearby farms and conveniently package them for your pick-up at New Morning. The Local FarmShare is available in two sizes. Our Full Share is recommended for families, and our Half Share is ideal for couples (and families who get some of their produce elsewhere). You’ll also receive exclusive monthly coupons and delicious weekly recipes featuring items in your FarmShare.
What your FarmShare could include throughout the season:
- herb/vegetable starter plants
- mixed baby greens
July/ August/ September:
- summer squashes
- winter squash
*Selection depends on availability and weather/conditions of the growing season. No substitutions.
How does it work?
- Select your share. Decide which share size – either Full or Half – is right for you.
- Choose your time frame. Grow your own garden and want to augment the start of the season? Going on vacation for the month of August? No problem! You can participate in our Local FarmShare for the months that work for you, or opt in for the entire season.
- Online Sign-up: Click on the month(s) you’d like to sign-up for below and pay securely online.
- In-store Sign-up: Don’t want to pay online? You can purchase a FarmShare at any register the next time you’re at New Morning.
- Enjoy! Pick up your Local FarmShare weekly on Wednesdays from 8am-8pm.
2018 FarmShare Sign-up – Click on link to purchase
June FarmShare (Runs 6/6-6/27 – Order by 5/30)
July FarmShare (Runs 7/4-7/25 – Order by 6/27)
August FarmShare (Runs 8/1-8/29 – Order by 7/25)
September FarmShare (Runs 9/5-9/26 – Order by 8/29)
October FarmShare (Runs 10/3-10/31 – Order by 9/26)
*If the month you’re interested in is sold out, call to be added to our waiting list at (203) 263-4868.
Local FarmShare Farms
**Riverbank Farm (Roxbury), **Fort Hill Farm (New Milford), **Sun One Farm (Bethlehem), ~Sunrise Sunset Farm (Bethlehem), Averill Farm (Washington), High Hill Orchard (Meriden), ~Acre View Farm (Roxbury), ~Back 40 Farm (Washington), ~Evergreen Berry Farm (Watertown)
~CT NOFA Pledge