It’s Organic Harvest Month — farm fields across the country are bursting with the season’s harvest and we’re taking full advantage of fall flavors with our organic harvest slaw! This crisp and refreshing slaw features some of autumn’s mainstays: earthy beets and carrots, crunchy cabbage, and apples (which can span the spectrum from sour to sweet). This slaw is the perfect addition to your next potluck or picnic spread!
- 1 box organic coleslaw mix (from our Produce department) or 3/4 lb. of cabbage
- 1 medium golden beet
- 2 organic apples, sliced into matchsticks
- 3-5 medium rainbow carrots
- 1 cup organic sunflower seeds
- 1 cup organic dried cranberries
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- salt to taste
Peel beet and rainbow carrots. Cut beet, carrots, and apples into matchsticks and add to a large mixing bowl. Add in coleslaw mixture and toss. In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Mix into slaw and chill for an hour. Before serving, add sunflower seeds and dried cranberries.