How to make use of summer’s preferred cooking method (the grill) and farm-fresh produce? Pizza, of course! Our take on this summer classic pairs locally made gluten-free crust and tomato sauce with a seasonal array of produce.
-Pre-made pizza crust of your choice (we used Ugly’s Bakery gluten-free sourdough crust)
-Gilbertie’s organic tomato sauce
-Mozzarella cheese of your choice (Miyoko’s makes a great vegan mozzarella!)
-baby kale, coarsely chopped
-garlic scapes (the flower stalk of the garlic plant), finely chopped
-green onions, greens and bulbs finely chopped (reserve greens for garnish)
-fresh basil leaves
- Prep your pizza toppings. Assembly happens grill-side so you’ll want to have everything ready-to-go and at arm’s reach.
- Turn the grill on low and place grill pad on top. Cook chopped garlic scapes until tender.
- Prepare pizza dough according to package instructions. Brush both sides with oil of your choice.
- Place dough directly on grill or grill pad (gluten-free crust may work best on a grill pad) and cook until golden on one side. Flip crust and add toppings immediately.
- Cook until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Garnish with onion greens and enjoy!