A gluten-free treat that satisfies cravings both for bread and sweets!
For the Bread
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups milk
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Swirl
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
For the Glaze
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Grease bottom and sides of a 9-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. In a medium bowl, combine sugar, egg, milk, Greek yogurt, and vanilla; add to dry ingredients, and mix until well combined. To make the swirl, in a small bowl, combine brown sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon.
- Pour about ⅓ of the batter into prepared loaf pan. Spoon ½ of swirl mix into a few spots in the batter; use a knife to swirl around. Top with another ⅓ of batter, and spread evenly. Repeat the swirl step. Add the last ⅓ of batter. Use knife to create swirls.
- Bake in oven for 45–50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Remove bread from oven, and allow to cool. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and milk; pour over bread.
PER SERVING (1 slice): 223 cal, 3g fat (1g mono, 0g poly, 2g sat), 24mg chol, 206mg sodium, 43g carb (0g fiber, 26g sugars), 3g protein
Recipe and photo thanks to Delicious Living.