Chia seeds are packed with protein, fiber, antioxidants, and calcium. Adding liquid gives the seeds a consistency similar to tapioca. Almond extract and fruit lend this meal a dessert-like flavor, without any added sugar.
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¾ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 pitted dates, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced, fresh pineapple (or other fruit)
- ¼ cup toasted and chopped pecans
- ¼ cup toasted coconut flakes
- In a medium bowl, whisk chia seeds with almond milk, extract, cinnamon and dates until incorporated. Cover, and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours. Stir well.
- Spoon into bowls, and top with fruit, nuts, and coconut. Chia pudding is best fresh but can be refrigerated for up to 3–4 days.
PER SERVING (½ cup): 330 cal, 17g fat (4g mono, 8g poly, 5g sat), 0mg chol, 65mg sodium, 43g carb (13g fiber, 27g sugars), 6g protein
Recipe and photo thanks to Delicious Living.