Our easy weeknight meals are made with minimal ingredients, require few steps, and cost under $10 per serving!
You would never know that our Easiest Ever Fish Tacos are made with frozen fish nuggets! The simple cilantro-lime slaw combined with the bright and pungent lime crème fraîche transform these flaky crispy pollock nuggets into a restaurant-quality and, dare we say, flawlessly cooked fish taco.
Prep time: 20 min.
Cook time: 15 min.
- 3-4 limes
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch scallions
- 3 jalapeños
- 1 package corn tortillas (we like VT Tortilla Company)
- 4 oz. crème fraîche (try Vermont Creamery) or sour cream
- 12 oz. package frozen Henry & Lisa’s Crispy Wild Alaskan Fish Nuggets
- 1 package Fresh Cut Organic Coleslaw Mix
- 1 avocado
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp. maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Arrange fish nuggets on a baking sheet. Bake 15-17 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Meanwhile, prepare slaw. Add coleslaw mix to bowl. Thinly slice 2 scallions, mince a ½ cup of cilantro leaves and stems, and dice 2 seeded jalapeños. Add to slaw. To make dressing, whisk together 3 tbsp. olive oil, 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice (from 2 small limes or 1 large lime), 1 tsp. maple syrup, ½ tsp. cumin, salt and pepper. Add to slaw and toss to coat. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix ½ cup crème fraîche with 1 tbsp. lime juice.
- Prepare garnishes. Halve, core, and slice avocado into ten wedges. Thinly slice remaining jalapeño (leave seeds in for a pop of heat). Quarter remaining limes.
- Remove fish nuggets from oven. Break each nugget in half with a fork.
- Place tortillas on a baking sheet and heat in oven for 2-3 minutes (until warm).
- Assemble tacos! Layer slaw, an avocado slice, and fish in each tortilla. Drizzle with crème fraîche and desired garnishes. Serve with a lime wedge!