Our easy weeknight meals are made with minimal ingredients, require few steps, and cost under $10 per serving!
Our unbelievably Easy Thai Red Salmon Curry tastes restaurant-made! This dish is delish and only takes 20 minutes thanks to the help of a Thai dinner kit, frozen veggies, and pre-cut salmon pieces. Sliced chicken breast will also work instead of fish. Want to keep it plant-based? No problem! Cube firm tofu and sauté in coconut oil until golden.
Prep time: 5 min.
Cook time: 15 min.
- 1 package Thai Taste Easy Thai Red Curry Kit
- 1 package Tasty Bite Organic Sticky Rice
- ½ lb. fresh Black Pearl or Irish Organic Salmon pieces (from our Seafood Department)
- ¼ lb. Cut organic peppers (from our Produce Department)
- 8 oz. Frozen vegetables (we used peas + carrots)
- 2 tsp. Coconut oil, divided, for cooking
- ½ tsp. Garlic granules
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Optional garnish: chopped fresh cilantro and thinly sliced scallion and serrano chile
- Over low flame, heat 1 tsp. coconut oil in Dutch oven or pan with lid. Add cut pepper strips and sauté , covered, on low until softened—about 5-8 minutes. Stir occasionally. Remove cover and reduce to simmer.
- Once the peppers are softened, push them to one side of Dutch oven. Add 1 tbsp. Of coconut milk and the packet of red curry paste from dinner kit to the other side. Stir well to combine, then stir in peppers.
- Add frozen vegetables, remaining coconut milk, and herb sachet from kit. Bring heat back to low and allow vegetables to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season salmon with salt, pepper, and garlic granules. Toss to coat. Heat the remaining 1 tsp. of coconut oil in frying pan on low. Place the salmon pieces in a single layer. Cook for 2 minutes on each side for medium. Remove from heat and add to curry. Stir very gently to not break apart the salmon.
- Prepare sticky rice according to package instructions—it takes 1 ½ minutes in the microwave or 5 minutes on the stovetop.
- Fluff rice and portion into two bowls. Top with curry and garnish with fresh cilantro, scallion, and chile!