Want curry in a hurry? Maya Kaimal simmer sauces deliver authentic curry flavor in no time. This simple recipe pairs organic locally grown produce with bold flavors for an easy and comforting meal that’s perfect for cooler weather. We especially love its use of Red Kuri squash! A tender-skinned squash, red kuri has edible skin and dense sweet and creamy flesh. It really shines in this dish but butternut (peeled and cubed) or delicata (prepared per recipe instructions) could be substituted. This curry is excellent by itself or served over rice. Garnish with fresh cilantro and scallion for extra pop.
- 2 jars Maya Kaimal simmer sauce (try Kashmiri Curry)
- 1 small Kuri Squash, seeded and cubed (no need to peel!)
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 3-4 purple potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3-4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 package non-GMO tofu, cubed
- coconut milk for desired consistency
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large skillet or saucepan, add simmer sauce, squash, potatoes and carrots. Cover and cook on medium heat until tender. Add onions, garlic and tofu and cook for an addition 3-5 minutes. Add coconut milk to thin the mixture if desired. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Serve warm!