Our easy weeknight meals are made with minimal ingredients, require few steps, and cost under $10 per serving!
Crispy, crunchy, gingery, garlicky tofu with spicy saucy almond soba. We love everything about this vegan gluten-free noodle bowl, starting with how easy it is to make. Tofu and veggies roast to stir-fry perfection in just thirty minutes while you make soba noodles and whip up a delicious almond sauce. This recipe is great for a weeknight dinner or for meal-prepping for the week—it can easily be scaled up for more portions!
Prep time: 30 min.
Cook time: 30 min.
- 1 block firm tofu (we love local tofu by The Bridge!)
- 1 lb. frozen broccoli
- ¾ lb. Fresh-cut Organic Peppers from our produce department
- 1 package gluten-free soba noodles (we used King Soba Buckwheat & Sweet Potato)
- 4 tsp. coconut oil, divided
- 2 tsp. coconut aminos (or gluten-free tamari)
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- Salt + pepper
- Optional: fresh cilantro and scallion for garnish
For Spicy Almond Sauce:
- ½ c almond butter
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 tsp. coconut aminos
- ½ tsp. granulated garlic
- ⅛ tsp. (or more!) ground cayenne pepper
- 5 tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Drain tofu. Wrap block in a clean tea towel and place on a plate; cover with a flat, heavy object (like a cast iron frying pan!). Allow tofu to press for 15-30 min. Slice tofu in half lengthwise, then cut horizontally into 1-in. strips. Season with coconut aminos, garlic and ginger (the ground spices act like cornstarch—helping to crisp the tofu during baking). Arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Add 2-3 tsp. of coconut oil.
- Place broccoli and peppers on another baking sheet with 2 tsp. coconut oil. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Bake both sheet pans for 15 min. Flip tofu and stir vegetables. Bake for another 15-20 min. (until tofu is crispy and broccoli and peppers are starting to char).
- To make the spicy almond sauce, combine all the ingredients except the water. Mix well. Add water, 1tbsp. at a time, stirring as you go, until you reach desired consistency.
- Cook soba noodles according to package instructions and toss with spicy almond sauce.
- Serve soba noodles topped with crispy tofu and vegetables, garnished with fresh cilantro and scallions.