Cold soup? Don’t knock it till you try it! This gazpacho is refreshing and perfect for summer! Watermelon gives it a gorgeous, unexpected color and a sweetness that works well with onion, pepper, and lime juice.
- 1 small seedless watermelon(cubed)
- 1 cup cucumber (peeled, seeded, and finely diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (finely diced)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (finely diced)
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 3 stalks celery (finely diced)
- 1/2 small red onion (finely diced)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsely (finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 limes (juiced)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Remove rind and cut watermelon into large pieces. (If possible, work over a large bowl to catch juices.) Purée chunks in a blender until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss all remaining ingredients. Pour watermelon purée and any juices over vegetables, cover, and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 1 hour. Taste and season with more salt and pepper or jalapeño. Serve very cold.
PER SERVING: Serves 8. (1 cup): 62 cal, 0g fat (0g mono, 0g poly, 0g sat), 0mg chol, 2g protein, 15g carb, 2g fiber, 170 mg sodium
Recipe and photo thanks to Delicious Living.