Tender basil leaves add mild flavor and vivid color to the fabulous, nutrient-loaded vinaigrette on this breaded chicken, spinach, and snap pea salad.
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1½ teaspoons ground sage
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 2 cups snap peas (chopped)
- 2 cups strawberries (sliced)
- 2 avocados (thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup roasted unsalted almonds (chopped)
- ¼ cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves (snipped)
For the White Balsamic Herb Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a blender, combine all vinaigrette ingredients until smooth. (Makes ¾ cup).
- Preheat oven to 400°. Coat a 15″ x 10″ baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg and sour cream. Stir together bread crumbs and sage in another medium bowl. Add chicken to egg mixture. Stir to combine. Transfer chicken, a few pieces at a time, into bread crumbs. Roll, and press to coat all sides. Arrange chicken in a single layer in prepared pan, leaving space between each piece.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes, turning after 5 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, divide spinach, snap peas, strawberries and avocado among four plates. Top with chicken, almonds and basil, and drizzle generously with vinaigrette.
PER SERVING: 777 cal, 50g fat (33g mono, 7g poly, 10g sat), 136mg chol, 717mg sodium, 39g carb (11g fiber, 10g sugars), 38g protein
Recipe and photo thanks to Delicious Living.