Join Our Crew!
Are you drawn to the road less followed? Do you want to surround yourself with good food, good people and a good life? Do you appreciate quality products harvested and produced in a sustainable manner? At New Morning Market, we value them as well.
We are looking for hard-working, good people with a passion for food, learning, the environment and building relationships with our customers and community. If you love working with people and are looking for an opportunity that encourages personal and professional growth in a supportive culture, this is the place for you!
We offer a competitive benefit plan including health, dental & vision insurance, 401(k) plan with a company match as well as an employee discount. These are opportunities that are available now. Applications at the bottom of this page.
- Participate in food production for the department’s multiple food programs.
- Practice the highest standards of knife skills.
- Must follow standardized recipes as written to produce consistent results of product.
- Complete the assigned production schedule within allotted time frame.
- Able to work with any and all products required to satisfy the production list as directed including: meats, fish, poultry, vegetables, fruits, dairy, nuts and grains.
- Understand and recognize quality ingredients and prepare them efficiently to minimize waste.
- Understand and practice standard FIFO procedures.
- To be able to work with peers in a variety of work spaces and conditions.
- Demonstrates good decision making in daily use of stocked goods with respect to constantly changing availability.
- Make recommendations for improvements in all phases of food handling and production.
- Adhere to safe food handling procedures in the kitchen, grill, walk-in and waste management areas.
- Ensure all cooking and food storage areas are maintained in sanitary, orderly condition.
- Ensure proper storage and labeling.
- Assist in receiving goods for the department when necessary following appropriate guidelines
- Excellent communication skills with a strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments and handle multiple demands.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Recommend grocery items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review “sell by” dates and take appropriate action.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Provide support in the grocery area by pulling back stock and re-pricing of goods.
- Participate in processing and shelving incoming product deliveries.
- Responsible for accurate labeling of products with shelf tags, price stickers and/or signs.
- Ensure that grocery displays, aisles and storage areas are clean and in orderly condition
- Must be able to frequently lift 35 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND:
Due to the volume of applications, we are not able to respond to each one personally. Please know your application has been received and you will be contacted if there is a match between your talents, experience and skills with the position you have applied for. Thank you for your application and interest in working with New Morning Market
Excellent communication skills with a strong customer service orientation.